the device vibrator (if available) or not.
alarm from all the alarms+ringtones that are already installed on
If you select something too soft and gentle,
you might miss it when it rings!
alarms you may select are very long, and some are just one "beep".
"Loop" will make the sound repeat itself every 10 seconds, so you
are less likely to miss it.
many Hour digits to display. 0, 1 or 2 (mm:ss / h:mm:ss /
On the extreme, you can count down 100 hours
minus one second. (That's 4 days and 4 hours).
some interactive help (Animated help and text over). It turns off
automatically after I see that you've got the point.
| Select Snooze
the "Snooze" button on the Alert, this value is used to
automatically set the timer and run.
buttons dismiss Alert
button is any physical button on the device button (except the
When enabled, and Alert is displayed, than
you can use the volume and other buttons if available (some
devices has camera button) - to dismiss or snooze the alert. Use
volume up to snooze, all the other buttons to dismiss.
|Allows you to
easily revert to last countdown activated. Useful if you need the
same time period over and over again, such as in a chess game. If
your turn took only 10 seconds out of (say) 1:30 minutes, than
instead of of stopping->zeroing>setting the digits to 1:30,
you can just tap "rollback", and the wheel will be set to 1:30,
ready to be started again.
me a message that you can type in. It attaches info on your device
model, android version, and more technical details that should
help me understand the problem. It also adds an email address if
you've filled it in the next preference.
|Want ne to
answer? You can fill in youe email
can fill in your email, and it will be stored localy. It will be
attached to reports sent to me if you use "Report a problem"
button, or if your app crashed abnormally (hopefully never).
I don't read your google account info, so if you don't
fill this field, I won't be able to answer you if you report a
- Select needed time directly on the countdown wheel - it makes
the usage super easy and fast. No messing with keyboard or +/-
- Countdown Roll Animation.
- Progress bar, with start and end timestamps - handy for
getting quick estimate on how much time left, relative to the total.
- Animated notification when Countdown is running in the
- Alert will popup even if running in the background, but if
you're using another app when the Alert is triggered, than the dialog
won't pop up to disturb you, and you will be notified by the alert
sound and the notification bar only.
- The Alert contains a "count up" timer, starting automatically
when the countdown ends. (Count down than up).
- Interactive and easy to follow guide for first time usage.
- Alert with dismiss and snooze buttons. Turns on screen if
needed, and displayed over a locked screen, for your comfort.
- Can be moved to External SD (Notice: if moved, than it won't
start automatically after boot to check for pending alert, and it
will terminate when you plug USB, so an alert might be lost).
- Optimized for all screen sizes, from small, through medium,
large to xlarge screens (10" xoom tablet), and changing orientation.
- Progress bar for the length of the countdown.
- Animated Notification with Progress bar while the Countdown
is running in the background.
- Daylight Savings is taken into account - the amount of
time you've set will be in effect, not shorten or extended because of
a change in the middle.
- IT'S FREE!
- No hidden surprizes. I just want a lot of happy users for my
- If you find Countdown useful and want to thank me for it -
it with your friends and rate it in the
Alerts and time measurement can be quite important at times,
that's why I made extra effort to make this app as
reliable as I can.
- Countdown and corresponding Alert continue when you exit the
- Dodging task killers: the Countdown Alert should be
unaffected by it (tested with Advanced TaskKiller and Easy Task
Killer) - no setup necessary!
- Continue after boot: if the alert is still relevant, than a
boot won't stop the countdown, and the Countdown service will be
started automatically. If you've missed the Alert while the device
was powered off - than you will get the alert notification when the
device is up again, in case it is still relevant.
- In a best effort to grab your attention and still don't
interrupt, the Alert is displayed only when you're not doing anything
important with your phone: The Alert will pop up and turn on the
screen as needed on idle home screen, or when the screen is off. In
other cases only audible alert is sound, and it can be dismissed from
the notification bar.
- The alarm will pop up even if the screen is locked, so you
can dismiss an alarm or snooze it for 5 minutes.
- Display a warning when Alert volume is low when starting the
- Internet: Needed to
show this help page, and to integrate Google Analytics.
- Get Tasks: Needed in
order to check if no other application is running in the foreground,
so Alarm can be displayed.
- Boot complete: Needed
to perform one time check when boot completes, in order to resume
pending Alert, if available. If there's no pending alert, no process
- Wake lock: Turn on
the screen when it is off and Alert must be displayed.
- Disable keyguard: Needed
in devices with sdk 7-sdk 9 in order to display Alert when the screen
is locked. The screen lock is re-enabled when dismissing the alert.
In more recent devices (sdk 10+) this is not used, and Alert is
displayed without disabling the keyguard.
I currently don't plan to add those in the free version. As for now
there is no paid version, but if I see demand, than I may develop it.
- More customizations (skins/backgrounds)
- It bloats
the size of the app, so I kept only one in the apk
- More than one Alert at a time. Or split Countdown to segments
- Customize snooze time
implemented an animated Notification, it may be a decent
- Keep screen on during countdown.
- (You can
set screen timeout in the settings, if you must keep the screen on)
- Pre-set list of common time periods.
- (I think
the added complexity to the interface does not worth it, when is so
easy to select time).
- Milliseconds measurement.
This app was
built with best effort to provide a reliable and stable product, and
was tested thoroughly on several platforms, but it is released
without any guarantee that it would work on each and every device out
there, and there can be no liability for anything that may result
from a bug in the software.
reserves the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity
inside the app, and get crash reports of it.
If you encounter any problem, or want more features, please drop me an
email to email@example.com
(c) 2012 Copyright Amir Uval - MindTheApps ltd. 5.2x